Cypress Christian School is an accredited K-12 independent, non-denominational, college-preparatory Christian school founded in 1978. The school is located in northwest Houston at 11123 Cypress N. Houston Rd., Houston, TX 77065.
- Administrators / Faculty / Staff
- After School Program
- Board of Directors
- Chapel / Bible
- Class Rank
- College Entrance Exams
- Enrollment (K-12)
- Grading Scale
- Standardized Testing
- Statement of Faith
- Student Conduct
Cypress Christian School partners with Christian parents to accomplish the mission of the school. At least one parent must give a written account of how they came to know the Lord and be in agreement with CCS Statement of Faith and Mission Statement.
PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test) - The PSAT is mandatory for eighth-graders through high school juniors each year as preliminary training for the SAT. The PSAT that is administered during the junior year is used to select students for National Merit Scholarships. Thus, it is not only a helpful practice, but for the gifted student who does well, it can be a means of obtaining recognition for college scholarships. Please see the College Corner for more information.
CCS strives to keep parents and students informed at all levels.
- E-mail, the Warrior Weekly e-newsletter, the CONNECTION magazine and the school website are used to communicate to parents and students. Information about the current school year as well as policies and procedures can be found on the school website.
- Weekly Packets for students in K-5th may include class and school-wide information and schoolwork from the previous week for elementary students. Printed information with class or school-wide news is distributed to secondary students in 6th-12th grades as needed.
- Grades/Homework: CCS communicates this information via FACTS. Parents/Guardians supply CCS with an up-to-date e-mail address for communication purposes.
- Families receive the school magazine, CONNECTION, via mail. The publication may also be viewed on-line.
The following grading scale is used throughout the school:
|90 - 100||A||Far exceeds minimum standards|
|80 - 89||B||Exceeds minimum standards|
|75 - 79||C||Meets minimum standards|
|70 - 74||D||Failure to meet some minimum standards|
|0 - 69||F||Failure to meet minimum standards|
*Numerical grade point averages are used to determine ranking.
A high standard of conduct is required of each student at CCS for the purpose of maintaining order and building Christ-like character. In grades K-5, age-appropriate visual reminders give students and teachers the ability to monitor behavior and keep parents informed about student conduct. In grades 6-12, disciplinary reports are issued. CCS does not practice corporal punishment.
Computers (Windows 10 desktops and HP Chromebooks) are available throughout the campus in classrooms and resource areas for student use. With their Office 365 account, each student has the ability to download and install Microsoft Office on five of their own devices including phones, tablets, personal home laptops or PCs, regardless of the operating system (Windows, iOS or Android). Students are also able to use Microsoft One Drive to securely save and store their work. Grades K-5: Students participate in computer classes held in the elementary computer lab. Grades 6-12: Computer instruction is incorporated into the curriculum and classrooms are equipped with computers for student use.