Warrior Athletics Philosophy
Cypress Christian School involves its student-athletes in interscholastic sports in order to, first and foremost, glorify and honor God with the talents and abilities He has given. We also believe athletics is a great tool to build Christian character, teach discipline, and to learn to face adversity and challenges with a steady eye, a courageous spirit and reliance upon the ultimate authority, Jesus Christ. Athletics is a form of worship and our number one goal is building men and women of godly character in our athletic programs. While each sport is unique in how it carries out our philosophy, all of our sports follow a biblical model for competing.
Biblical Athletics is Competing
- By the Power of God
- According to the Word of God
- For the Glory of God
Excellence in Competition
If we are going to worship God through athletics, then we must pursue excellence at all times.
- We must strive to put the best team on the field or court with the goal of exceeding our potential as individuals and as a team.
- We will strive for excellence as coaches by teaching solid fundamentals, building leaders, and developing the best offensive and defensive schemes to fit our personnel.
- We will strive for excellence as players by giving our best and encouraging others to give their best at all times.
- We will strive for excellence as fans by modeling Christ in promoting an environment that is rich in sportsmanship.