Co-Curricular Opportunities for Grades 6-12
The curriculum and programs offered at Cypress Christian School are designed to fulfill the mission of the school by 'honoring the Lord Jesus Christ by providing students an education based upon academic excellence and biblical values." Cypress Christian fulfills this mission by offering many opportunities for students to learn both inside and outside of the classroom. We believe when students participate in training, competition, or performance individually or as members of a team or group - under the mentorship of Christian coaches and directors - they are practicing what they have learned in the classroom, chapels, church, and at home. These opportunities help prepare them for a life of serving and honoring Jesus Christ.
- Students in grades 6-12 may participate in a wide selection of competitive sports each season of the year. Please see Athletics for a complete list of sports offered.
- Eighth grade students have the opportunity to travel to Washington, D.C. each May.
- Seniors travel to Costa Rica after finals and before graduation
- Secondary students take various field trips throughout the year to enhance the learning experience and serve the community such as trips to Texas history sites including Washington-On-The-Brazos State Park, Stephen F. Austin State Park, George Ranch, Bullock State Museum, Capitol, and Alamo; trips to Fine Arts Events, trips to the Space Center; and trips to local shelters and assisted living facilities to serve as needed.
- ACSI Spelling Bee (Grades 6-8)
- ACSI Speech Meet (Grades 7-12)
- ACSI Science Fair (Grades 8-12)
- ACSI Math Olympics (Grades 6-8)
- ACSI Art Festival (Grades 6-12)
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Art Competition (Grades 6-12)
- TAPPS Academic and Arts Competition (Grades 9-12)
- TAPPS Chorus, Instrumental, Solo, Ensemble and Drumline Competition (9-12)
Note: Please review CCS publications for competition results.
- Fine arts programs and opportunities include: Art, Photography, Choir, Drumline, Drama, Speech, and Debate
- Ambassador Council (Grades 6-12)
- Audio/Visual Team for Weekly Chapel Services (Grades 6-12)
- National Junior Honor Society (Grades 7-8)
- National Honor Society (Grades 10-12)
- Warrior Tribes (Grades 9-12)