The HS girls and boys track and field teams competed at the 4A TAPPS Regional Meet on Friday, April 28, in San Antonio, TX. It was an extremely hot day with a heat index of 104 down on the track and a tough wind on the home stretch but that did not deter the athletes from competing at their best.
- The boys' team took home regional runner-up honors and the girls' team earned the third place award, both out of 16 schools who competed well.
- The 4x100 relay teams Girls (Heath, Muehlenbrock, Boyd, Fontenot) ;Boys (Jones,Baldwin, J. Landrum, Miller) earned first in the meet.
- Delaney Heath took home gold in the 200.
- Cole Miller grabbed the gold in the 400.
- Delaney Heath and John Ethan Baldwin earned gold medals in their triple jump contests.
- John Ethan also earned gold in the long jump and the 300 m. hurdles.
Other field event state qualifiers are Foster Paulsen and Katherine Echols in discus, Morgan Roth in shot put, Anna Kharisma Fontenot in high jump and Tyler Landua in triple jump.
The remaining state qualifiers in the running events are Jacob Hotchkiss in the 800, Emma Muehlenbrock in the 100 hurdles, Tyler Landua in the 110 hurdles, Austin Henry and Tyler Landua in the 300 hurdles, and the boys 4x400 relay team (G. Landrum, Landua, Baldwin, Miller).
All of these athletes have punched their ticket for the TAPPS State Track and Field meet to be held May, 5-6 at Baylor University. The coaching staff is proud of every athlete who competed, knowing they did their best. The staff is excited to watch these athletes move on to compete at the highest level. Please keep them in your prayers.