In order to be considered for admission, an I-20 student must meet requirements including:
1. International students and their family must be committed Christians.
2. International students are required to live with a biological relative in Houston.
3. Students must be age-appropriate for the grade they will enter.
4. Families must complete online application and pay $550 non-refundable International Student Application Fee. Click here to begin the application.
5. Submit the required paperwork:
a. Report Cards/Transcript (Copy)
Middle school students should submit current report cards.
High school students should submit all high school grades, including a copy of the current report card. The family is responsible for submitting the student records to a CCS approved Credential Evaluation Service and for supplying the results to CCS.
A school profile, course descriptions and grading scale from the current school.
b. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Students must supply the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to CCS. Information about the testing can be found at www.ets.org/toefl.
c. Birth Certificate
d. Immunization Record
Students must meet Texas Department of Health guidelines on immunizations
e. Teacher Recommendations
Students in grades 6-12 must have their current English and Math teachers fill out a Confidential Teacher Evaluation Form, which is located within the online application.
6. An interview will be scheduled when ALL of the above paperwork is received. Parents/family member and student are required to attend the interview either on campus or via Skype. After the interview, the staff members will sign off on the file and send it to the Admissions Committee for review.
7. The Admissions Office will follow up with your family within one week of the family interview.
8. If the student is accepted, the following is due:
a. Total annual tuition
b. Any athletics fees
c. Student fee
d. $1,000 fee to cover incidentals
e. $2,400 fee to cover required time in Learning Center
9. If the student is accepted, the I-20 number will be assigned after full payment of tuition and expenses as listed above.
Please note that it is a TAPPS rule that I-20 students may not participate in sports or competitions for the first full year of school unless they live with an immediate family member - parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt or uncle.