SAT / ACT Testing Information 2019-2020
The Institutional SAT or ACT is an actual SAT or ACT available for incoming students on many college campuses for admission purposes. This test is a good option for students who need additional opportunities to take the SAT or ACT prior to the admissions cycle in hopes of reaching the admission requirements to a particular university. Students who are interested in taking the test should call the university's testing center to see if it is available. Some advantages to taking this test are quick score response time and small testing environment. The main disadvantage is student scores are only valid at the particular university where the test was taken, and scores do not appear on the student's national SAT or ACT records.
Cypress Christian On-Campus SAT Info:
- Math & English Sections Only
- Dates: October 16 & March 4 (registration deadlines TBA)
National SAT & ACT Dates:
|September 14||August 16||August 24||July 26|
|October 26||September 20||October 5||September 6|
|December 14||November 8||November 2||October 3|
|February 8||January 10||December 7||November 8|
|April 4||February 28||March 14||February 14|
|June 13||May 8||May 2||April 3|
|July 18||June 19||June 6||May 8|
A few quick notes on the SAT or ACT:
- Take both the SAT and ACT at least one time to determine which one you want to take a second time.
- Purchase a test prep book. Make sure you read up on the testing strategies and take at least one practice test prior to the test.
- Taking back-to-back tests has proven to be beneficial for many students.
- ACT Prep, a free online tutorial service, is available at ACT.org.
- Khan Academy, a free online tutorial service, has partnered with The College Board to provide free SAT prep at KhanAcademy.org/Test-Prep.