Physics students participated in the second annual CCS Magnetic Levitation Derby. Each student created their own magnetic levitation (MAGLEV) vehicle with magnets connected to the bottom so that it levitated on the magnetic track.
Each class participated in a timed race for which a Lightning Award was given to the fastest vehicle and a Turtle Award was given for the slowest vehicle.
- Lightning – Brayton Barber
- Turtle – Ashley Deskin
- Lightning – Christian Fleischhauer
- Turtle – Colby Brennan
- Lightning – Daniel Macune
- Turtle – Melanie Alvarez
- Lightning – Samantha Swan
- Turtle – Tucker Fredrickson
- Most CCS-Spirited – Joseph Carbone
- Most Car-Like – Molly Mitton
- Most Creative – Garrett Velez
- Most Patriotic – Kara Otts
- Judges’ Choice – Lauren Storey
- Overall Fastest Vehicle Award – Daniel Macune