SAT Prep Classes for CCS Students entering Grades 9-12
Registration | Click here
- Session 1 Dates: Monday, June 5 through Friday, June 9 - Deadline to register: Friday, June 2
- Session 2 Dates: Monday, June 19 through Friday, June 23 - Deadline to register - Friday, June 16
- Session 3 Dates: Monday, July 17 through Friday, July 21 - Deadline to register - Friday, July 14
- Session 4 Dates: Monday, July 24 through Friday, July 28 - Deadline to register - Friday, July 21
- Session Times: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Grade: CCS students only (entering grades 9-12)
- Location: CCS Classroom A5
- Cost: $300 each session
- Cancellation Policy: 25% fee assessed on all cancellations. Once camp starts, refunds are not available.
- Instructor: CCS High School Teacher Mr. Will Albers
This will be a five-day course (Monday through Friday) that will include a full-length SAT practice test and instructional sessions covering all sections of the test (Evidence-Based Reading, Writing & Language, Math, Essay). We will discuss the concepts that will be covered by the test as well as strategies for approaching the different question types common on the SAT/PSAT. This camp will provide both a solid foundation to prepare students for taking the SAT/PSAT for the first time and will also provide guidance for students who have already taken the SAT/PSAT and want to boost their scores. It is open to all incoming CCS high school students, but is especially recommended for those entering eleventh grade.
In order to participate, students will be required to purchase a copy of the Official SAT Study Guide, 2018 Edition (which can found at a local bookstore, or ordered here: https://www.amazon.com/Official-SAT-Study-Guide-2018/dp/1457309289).
This book contains eight full-length SAT practice tests (along with the answers) and provides numerous practice problems that are beneficial even for students not enrolling in the prep camp.