2013-2014 Uniform Information
Information for the new school year will be posted soon!
2012-2013 Uniform Information
As you make plans to purchase school uniforms, please refer to the following information and flyers regarding approved vendors and specific uniform garments. Please carefully review the information below to ensure that all of your clothing purchases are in compliance with our dress code.
While the majority of the dress code remains unchanged with Parker Uniforms and Land’s End Uniform usage, below is a summary of updates that you will want to be aware of in the dress codes.
Elementary Dress Code Updates for 2012-2013 school year:
- The shirt required for Wednesday (chapel day) and field trips is a dark navy blue polo with monogrammed CCS logo purchased from Land’s End or Parker. Students may continue to wear their light blue shirts with the logo any other day of the week except Wednesday.
- A blue plaid jumper was introduced for our elementary girls that may be purchased from Land’s End. The red plaid is no longer a part of the dress code.
- Socks and tights may only be blue, white, or khaki in color.
- Outerwear clothing items (sweaters, vests, etc., worn over the uniforms in the classroom) must be solid color navy, light blue, grey, or white. Coats and jackets that are worn to school or recess may be any color, but must be removed while in class.
- Boots of any kind are not permitted.
Secondary Dress Code Updates:
- Outerwear, even when purchased from the CCS Spirit Store, may only be in the colors of navy, white, “CCS light blue”, and gray Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, CCS Spirit Store and CCS Athletic/Club sweatshirts, jackets, and hoodies in other colors may be worn.
- Additional guidelines have been provided for secondary girls concerning clothing that can be worn after school, to school events, and to school-sponsored functions, including home and away activities.
For all Elementary and Secondary families, here is some helpful information:
Uniform Clothing Suppliers: New uniform clothing may be purchased from either supplier below.
Parker Uniform Company - Uniforms may be purchased on campus at the summer uniform sale or at the Parker store. Be sure your purchases meet the CCS code requirements. If you shop at the Parker store at 12524 Memorial Drive, ask the employees for guidance on clothing selection that abides by the CCS uniform guidelines.
Lands End - Clothes are available through online/catalog order only. Visit their website at http://www.landsend.com. Select the school uniforms option and enter the school code 900101148 to ensure your purchase is of the items specifically approved by CCS and complies with the CCS uniform code.
Note: All Land’s End purchases by mail can be returned in person to any Sears store for refund. The Memorial City Sears store may have some uniforms in stock, but parent must verify they are the specific items approved for CCS uniforms before purchasing.
In an effort to (a) accommodate our students, (b) to assist our families, and (c) maintain adequate and appropriate uniformity, the following Dress Code applies for the 2012-2013 school year.
The school’s dress code is designed to facilitate an environment that helps the school achieve its primary goal - building Christian character and academic competence. The cooperation of the student and the parent is necessary in maintaining the standards of the school’s dress code. Dress code violations will be recorded, and repeated violations will result in appropriate disciplinary action. Coming to school each day with clothing in compliance with the dress code is a responsibility of both the student and the parent.
There are several other important reasons why a uniform is required at Cypress Christian School:
- To dispense with competition due to outward appearance and affluence.
- To de-emphasize outward appearance and stress, in its place, the need for inner beauty and character development.
- To limit the distractions and focus on learning.
- To enhance school spirit.
- To allow students to demonstrate a submission to authorities placed over them.
Dress Code Guidelines and Approved Garment Flyers
Parker Uniform Company is the main source of uniforms for CCS and continues to offer excellent customer service. Their alteration/custom uniform options, discounts, uniform styles and various sale dates, along with their proven history of providing garments that wear well is a great value and benefit to school families. All uniform garments must meet CCS Dress Code Guidelines. Parker Uniforms offers discounts on purchases throughout the year including purchases at the CCS summer sale.
|Parker Approved Garments Flyers|
|Parker Uniforms-Girls-Elementary (available through Parker)||Parker Uniforms-Boys-Elementary (available through Parker)|
|Parker Uniforms-Girls-Secondary (available through Parker)||Parker Uniforms-Boys-Secondary (available through Parker)|
Lands' End Uniforms can also be worn at Cypress Christian. Garments may ordered via phone, mail or on-line. (Click on logo below to be directed to the L.E. web site.) Lands' End offerings allow our students and families a bit of variety to their wardrobe with added fabric types and styles. A percentage of all purchases from the school catalog and school web pages will be given back to CCS. Please use Cypress Christian's Preferred School Code 9001-0114-8 when ordering. All uniform garments must meet CCS Dress Code Guidelines.
|Lands' End Approved Garments Flyers|
|Lands' End K-12 Approved Garment Flyer (available through Lands' End)|
Friday Dress Code
Friday is Spirit Day. In addition to approved uniforms, CCS Spirit Wear and approved CCS class/organization polos/t-shirts may be worn along with jean pants, jean shorts or a jean skirt. Spirit Wear can be purchased from the Spirit Store which is located in the northwest corner of the gym near the elevator. Please check the Spirit Store web page for days/times you may make Spirit Wear purchases. All uniform garments must meet CCS Dress Code Guidelines.