Elementary Achievements and Honors
We are thankful for God's direction and wisdom imparted to the Administration, faculty, staff, parents and students of Cypress Christian School to accomplish much to honor the Lord and further His Kingdom.
The poems of nine CCS students were selected to be published out of thousands of K-5th grade students all over America.
Congratulations to CCS students who won top honors at this year's competition.
Congratulations to our elementary and middle school students who excelled in the 2012-2013 Math Olympics Competition.
CCS students performed extremely well at ACSI District Spelling Bee with two students placing first!
Ten students in Ms. Van Pelt's first grade "World Changers" class will have their poem published.
For the third year in a row, one of our elementary art students has won a top award in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Art Competition.
Congratulations to our elementary spelling bee winners in grades 3-5.
Emma chose to use her good behavior dots to enjoy a special lunch date with her teacher.
Students presented originally written dramatic monologues for parents and classmates as they introduced historical events that played an important part during the American Civil War.
CCS students and teachers - along with children and adults from around the country - took a one minute fitness break to participate in the first ever JAM World Record 2012.
Students, parents, teachers, and staff members gathered together to pray and worship before the school day began.
CCS is thankful for this father-son volunteer team who helps us to remember to honor our country, our state, and our Lord when we see our flags flying high above the CCS campus.
Jr. Pep Squad members, comprised of CCS K-5th graders, performed their cheer and dance routines for a packed crowd at Warrior Stadium.
After a delightful graduation ceremony, kindergartners are headed to first grade.
Elementary baseball players are enjoying a great season and impacting our community by displaying great sportsmanship and godly character! Keep up the great work Little Warriors!
Congratulations to our elementary and middle school Regional Math Olympic winners.
The 2012 running of the Brandon Vick Memorial Run-4-Fun was another great CCS event. The cold wind and rain did not slow down the runners as 234 officially took the track and covered a total of 543.5 miles in the 90 minutes of running.
Congratulations to students in grades 1-6 for an excellent job at the 2012 ACSI Regional Speech Meet.
Congratulations to these students who will participate in the ACSI Speech Meet in Huntsville on March 2, 2012.
Congratulations to elementary and middle school students who qualified for Area Math Olympics.
Congratulations to 2009-2010 Rodeo Art winners:
- Blue Ribbons: Third Grade - Britney Bailey, Olivia Delaune and Fourth Grade - Zach Cannon, Joshua Holl
- Red Ribbons: Fifth Grade - Hannah Hurst, Matthew Kooiman
- White Ribbons: Fourth Grade - Maddy Carr and Fifth Grade - Shelby Zerwas
Congratulations to ACSI Art Festival winners:
- Kindergarten: Michelle Luong-Superior, Micheal Slabic-Superior and a Gold Medal, Coleman Mabry-Excellent
- 1st Grade: Chris Rivera-Excellent, Indya Shrout-Jordan-Superior and a Gold Medal, Marie Xideris-Superior and a Bronze Medal
- 2nd Grade: Emma Hicks-Excellent, Landon Russell-Superior, Gabby Kostecki-Excellent, Cole Greenburg-Superior/4th place
- 3rd Grade: Lauren Storey-Excellent, Amanda Boyd-Excellent, Emma Muehlenbrock-Good, Sophia Slabic-Good, Ashley Whitsell-Superior and a Gold Medal
- 4th Grade: Madison Kostak-Excellent, Lauren Beach-Good, Tessa Bodukoglu-Superior and a Silver Medal, Rebecca Cook-Superior and a Silver Medal, Samantha Galbreath-Excellent
- 5th Grade: Ashley Ponicsan-Superior/5th place, Shelby Wiley-Good, Greyson Landrum-Excellent, Madeline Echols-Excellent, Patrick Ordeneaux-Good, Abby Baldwin-Superior/4th place
Fifth Grade Choir Receives Superior Rating
The CCS Fifth Grade Choir earned a superior rating at the ACSI Choir Festival! Mr. Mason reported that the choir had great day singing (and a great time at Chick-fil-A afterwards!)
To God be the Glory for the talents and skills that he has given each of these students, their Choir Director Mr. Mason, their Accompanist Mrs. Meyers, and their Principal Mrs. Stumbaugh.
First grade teacher Michele Van Pelt announced her 2009-2010 published poets: Cassandra Bosworth, Meredith Gerold, Walker Girard, Peter Hurst, Jonathan Lewis, Koedi Nealy, Joshua Storey, Samantha Strange, Ruthie Wallach, Andrew Wedemeyer and Abby Young. These students entered a poetry and essay contest. Their work will be published in Creative Communication, A Celebration of Poets.
Lone Star Scholars
Elementary students are earning high test scores in the Accelerated Reader program.
Students competed in the 2009-2010 ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) District Spelling Bee in Huntsville, Texas. Fifth grader, Michael Pogson, placed first overall - beating out all third through eighth grade students participating in the event. His victory enabled him to advance to the Regional Spelling Bee Competition held in Dallas, Texas.
Congratulations to Michael and other CCS students who placed at the district competition: Britney Bailey, Avery Barbisch, Ben Holman, Tori Ibarra, Wesley Hill, Layne Jackson, Kolton Link, Catherine Perry, Anna Priesmeyer, Lauren Storey, Allison Strange, Wesley Wilson, and Christina Wyer.
Elementary students excel each year at the annual ACSI Speech Meet.
2010 Math Olympics
Each year, students in grades 3-5 compete and win honors in the ACSI District Math Olympics. Students perform in two different areas in mathematics: Reasoning and Computation. Qualifying rounds for the ACSI District Math Olympics were held in the fall. Thanks to Math Olympic sponsor and CCS teacher, Mrs. Karen McGrath!
Alex Bosworth (3rd), Rebecca Cook (4th), Jimmy Sage (4th), EmmaLee Schochler (4th), Josh Powell (5th)
Excellent / Area Qualifiers
Brent Ciftja (5th), Rachel Fossen (3rd), Allison Strange (3rd), Corben Wiley (3rd), Avery Gwyn (4th), Josh Holl (4th),
Ashley Newell (4th)
Superior / Area Qualifiers
- Third Grade Computation: Olivia Delaune – 5th place; Emma Muehlenbrock – 5th place
- Fifth Grade Computation: Abby Baldwin – Ribbon
- Fifth Grade Reasoning: Hannah Hurst – 1st place; Greyson Landrum – 4th place
The area qualifiers competed on February 26, 2010 in Humble at the ACSI Math Olympics. Congratulations to all these students!
- Third Grade Reasoning: Rachel Fossen – 1st place
- Fifth Grade Reasoning: Hannah Hurst – 2nd place; Greyson Landrum – 5th place