Why Cypress Christian School?
- Mission Statement: Beginning with our mission statement, the spiritual emphasis and biblical view permeates our curriculum, weekly chapel services and special programs. The goal of Cypress Christian School is to honor the Lord Jesus Christ by providing students an education based upon academic excellence and biblical values. Coupled with our admissions policy requiring one parent to be a Christian, this encourages a Christ-centered partnership between parents and school.
- Accredited: A fully accredited K-12 school, CCS has a 35-year history of academic excellence and steady growth. Our students score above average on nationally-normed standardized tests.
- Biblical Worldview: Education at Cypress Christian School is approached from a biblical perspective that recognizes the sovereignty and authority of God. Carefully selected curriculum academically challenges elementary, middle school and high school students and upholds the Christian standards we seek to develop. Prayer and Bible classes are a very important part of the daily schedule for students.
- Award Winning Programs: CCS offers a well-balanced K-12 education including award winning programs in Academics, Fine Arts, Athletics, and co-curricular opportunities.
- Inspirational Christian Culture: Visitors regularly comment on the unique and loving environment at Cypress Christian School. Students are taught by Christian educators about God's activity within human history. Biblical standards permeate classroom and office management. On field trips and in athletic competition, CCS is often complimented for having students with Christ-like attitudes and behavior.
- Faculty: The caring, committed faculty are degreed and professionally certified.
- School Nurse: K-12 students are blessed to have Nurse Brown care for them as needed throughout the school day.
- On-line Information: Parents and students have on-line access to homework assignments and grades.
- Huff Learning Center: Our unique Learning Center offers tutorial assistance that's customized for each student enrolled.
- Technology is a top priority at CCS with our goal to remain at the forefront of all that is new and improved in the world of technology. K-12 students participate in computer classes held in the elementary or secondary computer labs.
- Advanced Courses: Honors, Dual Credit and AP courses available.
- College Prep: CCS strives to prepare all students for college by providing challenging and enriched classroom instruction. The College/Academic Advisor guides students through the college and scholarship application process.
- Facilities: Students benefit from a wide-range of facilities including: two libraries; two art rooms; two music/choir rooms; drama room with stage; Huff Learning Center; college corner equipped with computer access for college and scholarship search; two fully-equipped science labs; playground and recess areas; professionally maintained fields for baseball, softball, football, soccer, track and field activities and P.E. classes; gymnasium with full-size basketball and volleyball courts; fully-equipped weight room for student athletes; prayer garden for worship and prayer
- Incredible Involvement: A high percent of family involvement enriches the success of the school. The CCCS Society, Inc., an association of parents, grandparents, graduates, alumni parents and employees of the school, offers the opportunity to elect board members and have input into key school decisions. Additionally, our "Volunteers in Partnership" (VIP) group is full of active parents, grandparents and other special relatives and friends who have servant hearts and give freely of their time and talents to make CCS the best it can be.
K-12 Open House 2012
Kindergarten Preview 2012
The mission of Cypress Christian School is to honor the Lord Jesus Christ by providing students an education based upon academic excellence and biblical values. This is accomplished through a partnership between the school and home. CCS seeks to develop Christ-like character and intellectual competence, helping each student to achieve maximum academic and personal success as outlined in the Graduate Profile. Present students and former graduates attest to the CCS Advantage, a unique combination of strengths creating an academically challenging and nurturing environment.
The CONNECTION demonstrates ways that God is using CCS to impact young lives through an education based upon academic excellence and biblical values. From the classroom to the field to the fine arts department, students are receiving a solid foundation to take them to the next step in their lives. Click on icon to view issues of this magazine.
- On Mission (Head of School)
- On Mission (Elem. Principal)
- Mission Impossible
- Excellence is a Biblical Value
- The Path of Life
- Solid Foundations for the Road Ahead
- The Straight and Narrow Way
- Contenders for Life
- Preparing for the Challenge
- Equipping Middle Schoolers for Their Race
- Helping Students Develop Biblical Values
- Preparing Elementary Students to Preserve our Nation's Freedom
- Where the Rubber Meets the Road
- When Training Takes Over
- Measuring our Effectiveness
- Perspective on Christian Education from a New Student