New Student Application Process
- Preparation and Submission of the Application
- Cypress Christian School utilizes an online admissions application for new students. To begin the online application process, click here. Select Create an Account, then log into your account and Create a New Student Application for each child you wish to enroll. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application(s).
- After submitting the application, along with the non-refundable application fee, you will be able track online your admissions status at the school by logging into your account.
- Scheduling of Admissions Testing
- Once the application is received, the Admissions Director will schedule testing.
The Gesell Developmental and SEARCH Observation will be scheduled. These assessments take approximately 30 minutes each and will be scheduled on different days. The family will receive a call once the results are evaluated. In addition, more screenings may be necessary.
- First through Third Grade
In addition to achievement testing (please see below), students entering first through third grades will take the Gesell Developmental Observation. This assessment takes approximately 30 minutes. The family will receive a call once the results are evaluated.
- First through Twelfth Grade
Students in grades 1-12 must demonstrate a capacity to academically succeed on the Reading and Math sections of the Stanford Achievement Test administered by a Cypress Christian School examiner. This test takes approximately two to three hours. Achievement scores from previous school may be accepted for consideration, if taken within one year of application date. (Please note: TAKS does not meet our achievement test requirement.) The family will receive a call once the results are evaluated.
- Organization of All Necessary Paperwork
The following documents must be submitted to the Admissions Director before the interview is scheduled:
- Birth Certificate (Copy)
- Current Immunization Record (Copy)
- Report Card (Copy) - Kindergarten students should submit a progress report from current preschool. Students in grades 1-8 must submit a copy of the most recent report card. Additional report cards may be required to determine proper placement. A transcript and current report card are needed for students in grades 9-12.
- Statement of Faith Form - At least one parent is required to agree to this statement.
- Church Reference Form - Have your church pastor, youth pastor, or Sunday school teacher complete this form and then fax or mail it to us.
- Confidential Teacher Evaluation - Students in K-5 must have the student's current teacher fill out this form and their teacher must return it to CCS by mail or fax. Students in grades 6-12 must have the student's current English and Math teachers fill out this form and one of those teachers must return it to CCS by mail or fax.
- Family Interview
The family interview will be scheduled when ALL of the above paperwork is turned in and testing results are available. After the interview, the application file will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review.
- Elementary (Grades K-5): Both parents and elementary students are required to meet with two faculty/staff members, who will answer any questions and provide any additional requested information regarding CCS. Parents will give their testimonies.
- Secondary (Grades 6-12): Both parents and secondary students are required to meet with two to three staff members who will answer any questions and provide any additional requested information regarding CCS. The interview will include a time for secondary students to fill out a Student Questionnaire. Parents and students will give their testimonies.
- Receipt of Acceptance or Denial of Admission
- Families will be informed of acceptance or denial of admission after the Admissions Committee reviews the information.
- According to the time of year, this may occur via a phone call or a letter.
New Student Admissions Documents