Purpose / Accreditation
CCS provides an academic education built upon a biblical view of life. God as creator of life and reality is the focus of a Christian education. In addition, His Word serves at the authoritative standard of Truth.
Cypress Christian School is a K-12 independent, non-denominational, college-preparatory, Christian school founded in 1978. The school is located in northwest Houston. Our curriculum is designed to increase college-readiness by providing the academic background needed to succeed in a degree program at a college or university. SAT scores for graduating seniors average 1700, SAT scores for the top 50% of our graduating seniors average 1840, and our college acceptance is near 100%.
CCS is accredited by:
- Association of Christian School International (ACSI).
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), an accreditation division of AdvancED.
ACSI and SACS CASI are accrediation agencies approved by the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC).
- TEPSAC was established by the Texas Education Agency to help ensure quality in private schools by monitoring and approving organizations that accredit the various non-public elementary and secondary educational institutions in Texas.
- TEPSAC is not an accrediting organization. It is a confederation of accrediting associations whose primary purpose is to maintain standards of accreditation among its membership. Individual schools may seek accreditation from a TEPSAC associate member.
- The relationship of TEPSAC with the State Commissioner of Education allows for the following activities related to accredited non-public schools:
*Transferability of student credits earned in accredited non-public schools to
Texas public schools
*Recognition of teacher service in accredited non-public schools for salary
increment purposes in Texas public schools
Statement of Faith - We believe:
- That the Bible is God's inerrant Word in the original manuscripts and the only authority for doctrine and practice.
- In the Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That salvation is a free gift, paid for by the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ for all who trust Him as their Savior.
- In John 14:6, which states: "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.'"
- In the literal resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and in the same resurrection to eternal life for all who are saved, while the unsaved will spend eternity in hell.
- In the literal return of Jesus Christ.
Non-Discriminatory Admissions Policy
Cypress Christian School admits students of any race, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, athletic, and other school programs.