Education at Cypress Christian School is approached from a biblical perspective that recognizes the sovereignty and authority of God. Attendant with this belief are a number of truths affirmed by the school:
- God is transcendent, is spirit, and always acts in accordance with His loving and just nature. In addition, God in His Word places an eternal emphasis upon life. (Romans 11:36, II Corinthians 4:18, I John 2:15-17)
- Men, and thus children, are created in the image of God and have unbounded potential to mirror the qualities and character of Jesus Christ. Further, man is born with a sin nature that has marred but not ruined God's image in man. Finally, we believe that man's greatest need is redemption through Jesus Christ and not education. (Genesis 1:27, Psalm 8:3-6, Romans 3:23, Jeremiah 17:9)
- Jesus Christ reflects truth: truth about the nature of God, truth of man's need to be rightly related to God, and truth about the world He created. (John 14:6, John 17:7, Matthew 7:24-27, Psalm 19:1, I Corinthians 2:15, John 8:26, II Timothy 3:16)
- The Bible is inerrant and authoritative. Because God both created the universe and appointed the writing of Scripture, no academic truth (man discovered truth) can rightly be in conflict with God's Word.
- Although man may not perceive truth in particular circumstances, truth is unchangeable and not relativistic.
- Biblical education focuses on what a person becomes rather than on what he knows. Therefore, knowledge is the basis for the development of wisdom and character. Further, the end of education is not the acquisition of status but to glorify God and fulfill His mandate to subdue and have dominion over God's creation.
- Education is the prerogative and responsibility of parents. The Christian school is in partnership with the home to provide support and assistance in shaping a Christ-like view of truth and reality.
These beliefs are a part of every aspect of the education offered at Cypress Christian School